We understand that you are eager to get massages, and we look forward to opening again. If all goes well, we hope to open by July 6th. Our scheduling is not yet open, and we will notify you when it is available.
We are still waiting for some supplies and personal protective equipment (PPE) that are back ordered, and we will train all of our employees to understand and follow all updated policies and procedures. We are creating a comprehensive COVID-19 plan, as all businesses are required to. We will post it on our website when it is finalized. Below, we are sharing some parts of our plan that will result in noticeable changes so you have some idea of what to expect.
Please remember that many of these changes are temporary. We can not do business as usual since this is an unusual time.
NOTE: If you feel sick, please cancel your appointment and you will not be charged a cancellation fee. We appreciate as much notice as possible so we have time to fill that spot but we do realize sometimes sickness can come on over night.
1. When you arrive for an appointment, you will text to alert us, then wait in your car.
2. Our receptionist will call you and ask some screening questions over the phone. You will be notified by text when your therapist is ready for you to come in. When you enter, we will take your temperature with a touchless thermometer. Our receptionists will be wearing masks and may be wearing gloves and a face shield. All employees will go through a similar screening process every time they come to work. You will be asked to sign a form the first time you return. We ask that you arrive 10 minutes early.
3. You will be asked to bring a face mask. If you do not, one will be provided. EVERYONE (clients and staff) will be required to wear a mask at all times. We understand this is will feel different, but we need to keep our employees safe so they can remain healthy and continue to work. It is also important for the health of other people who may be more susceptible to infection. We are following safety standards and guidelines developed by our state, the federal government, medical experts, and national massage therapy organizations.
4. You will need to use the hand sanitizer we provide when you enter the premises. The touchless dispenser will be convenient for you. We also recommend that you wash your hands with soap and water before and after your massage. Used paper towels / tissues will be deposited in any of the closed-lid waste containers with foot pedals.
5. Your therapist will take you back to the room. All massage therapists will be wearing a mask, eye protection/face shield, and a clean smock/apron with each client. Upon your request, they will wear gloves. You may even remain clothed during your session if you prefer. Our therapists will be prepared for those requests. However, they are also well trained to wash their hands properly, which research shows is more beneficial than wearing gloves.
6. Because the most current research shows COVID-19 virus is transmitted mainly via tiny water droplets exhaled during talking, sneezing, coughing, and regular breathing, we recommend that clients and therapists limit talking during massage sessions. Wearing your mask during the massage will also help, but we are still looking at ways to make it safe for you to temporarily remove your mask when face down during a massage.
7. At first, we will only offer 1 hour massages so we can control the traffic flow and minimize the number of people in the lobby and hallway at any time. We will increase scheduled time between clients so we can clean and sanitize thoroughly with medical grade disinfectants while continuing to filter the air.
8. The schedules of our therapists may be different when they return to work, and some may not rejoin us immediately due to their own considerations. Our online scheduling will reflect availability of appointments and therapists, and will be updated to reflect any changes. Also, we will not be offering pregnancy or Thai massage when we first reopen. We are being cautious to protect you and our staff.
9. You will notice air purifiers in each room, the lobby, and the hallway. These are highly efficient purifiers that have a True HEPA filter, carbon filter, and internal UV-C light to help make the air safer.
10. Under the table linens, we have installed comfortable non-porous table covers that can and will be thoroughly sanitized between appointments. We will also have special covers for pillows, bolsters, and face cradles.
Please understand this has taken a lot of thought and research to put together, and these things are only part of our plan. Our employees will be trained to follow the new protocols and policies without exceptions. We understand that some people may not like parts of this plan, and some may decide not to return for massage until those parts are relaxed/eliminated. We hope it will not be long before that can be done.
We take the safety of you and our employees very seriously. We want to keep everyone as safe as possible during this pandemic, and so we will do our best to minimize risks for everyone.
NOTE: For those who are immune compromised and those who are otherwise particularly susceptible to respiratory infections or blood clots, we recommend that you delay getting massage therapy for now. There is ongoing research that will provide greater clarity regarding safety and risk mitigation over the next few months, and we will welcome you back when it is appropriate for us to do so.
You will see this sign in our front window: